Friday, March 27, 2015
Day 3- Meaning of my business name - FearlessFaithVintage
I love "rescuing" vintage. I have loved vintage from the time I was a child. My elementary school yearbook has proof!
(I was obviously concerned that "me" wouldn't suffice, hence me also adding "Jana".)
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control" (English Standard Version) I have a tendency to overthink things and I knew God would not allow me to love vintage so much without a purpose. So I stepped out fearlessly and began selling vintage on Etsy and Instagram. I've made some diverse virtual friendships and learned running a business is harder than it looks.
And finally, Faith is two fold; it's my middle name but it also means I have faith in Jesus and know my Heavenly Father always provides what I need and more than enough.
Have you ever shopped an Instagram store? It's super easy if you have PayPal! Feel free to follow @fearlessfaithvintage on Instagram to see what its about.
Posted by Jana Faith at 12:47 AM
Wednesday, March 25, 2015
Day 2: 20 Facts About Me
- Vintage is supreme in my wardrobe.
- I love a good "teacher bag"
- I love cheesy, predictable television/movies.
- I'm a sucker for sequins, glitter, sparkle.
- I used to be scared to go in Hot Topic in the mall.
- My mom told me the birthmark on my leg was from a grasshopper spitting on my leg and I believed it.
- Clueless makes me feel like I'm in middle school again every time.
- I don't have not one single pair of plain white socks.
- Gwen Stefani, Betsey Johnson, the ladies of Advanced Style, and Kandee Johnson are my style-fashion icons.
- If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life, it'd probably be chicken.
- My arms and knees hyper-extend.
- I have had red hair, pink hair, and purple hair.
- I believed in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny until I was 10. Thanks, Ashley.
- I talk to the television a lot. Way too much.
- I'm probably never gonna dress like a teacher. It's not quite on purpose but it is what it is.
- I have anxiety.
- I like Cheetos in my chicken noodle soup.
- I can touch my nose with my tongue.
- Barbies were my absolute favorite toy growing up. Pretty sure I made my mom nuts by asking her to make them talk all the time.
- I asked Jesus into my heart when I was 11 years old after a Bishops Southern Gospel concert.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Day 1: Introduction
Many regular readers of Every Day is Your Runway already know me in real life, so an "introduction" may be redundant. But... after months of silence and a good talk with a friend, I'm making time.
Hi! I'm my daddy's baby and my momma's only. This is why I'm rotten, not spoiled rotten with things, but spoiled rotten with love. I'm a perfect mix of my mom and my dad. I love people and I really love children. I wanted to be a country singer when I was six years old but now I hardly listen to country music. My favorite songs as a child were "All my exes live in Texas" and "Boot Scootin' Boogie".
I started dance lessons when I was three. I took karate for a month because I thought the gi was cute. I used to eat chapstick and made "blush" from ground up sandstones. I love the purple flowers most people call weeds. I call them horsey-head flowers because they look like horses heads.
I have two sisters and a brother. My momma is one of my best friends. I was the apple of my Grannaw's eye and my Grandma Jessie thought I had perfect eyebrows. People used to say I looked like Aunt Martha, but I say I look like me.
I'm theatrical and dramatic and never give the short answer. I have the "G-Gene" and I'm proud of it. I'm married to Joe. He's still the cutest guy I've ever seen.
I teach first graders and kids are my favorite kind of people. I watch way too much television. I'm a perfectionist who's too hard on herself but kind of like Joan of Arc, "I'm not afraid. I was born to do this," teach, that is.
I love Jesus. I like glitter. Three things I'm good at: sleeping, eating, and reading. Kids wave at me in random places like the movie theater. I cry easily, when I'm happy, sad, frustrated, or angry. I love with my whole heart.
I miss my Color Guard days of high school but still enjoy dance class with my favorite Miss Patti. I identify with being artsy even though I don't make lots of art. I consider my artistic outlet my outfits. Thrifting is my favorite hobby, today, anyway.
I still chew my nails, even though my big brother told me not to. I love all things vintage and there's not a lot of fashion styles I dislike. I wish I would have taken that extra six hours of Spanish so I could have minored in it.
I guess that about sums me up.... Hi. I'm Jana Faith and I think I'm pretty great. Most of the time.
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Generally, I like poppy music with a good beat for dancing. I especially love songs about booties and shaking them e.g. Jason Derulo's Wiggle Wiggle, Baby Got Back, Country Girl Shake it for Me, and the like. This is hysterical because in spite of nearly three decades of dance instruction under my belt, my club dancing is atrocious and I dance shamelessly.
2. Favorite Genre of movies?
When watching at home, the cheesier the acting, the better I like them. Late 90s-Early 2000s movies, 80s Brat Pack movies, Disney Channel movies and ABC Family have some of the best. When watching in theaters, I enjoy superhero movies, romantic comedies, family movies, but not anything that is stereotypically "boy" movies.
3. Do you watch Reality TV? If so what was the first show you remember watching:
I remember the first season of American Idol. It was my freshman year of college and I remember laughing so hard my sides hurt with my parents. I watch America's Got Talent, So You Think You Can Dance, and I like a lot of what's on TLC.
4. Actress you’d want to be BFF’s with?
This feels like a cliche answer right now because she's gotten really popular but I like Jennifer Lawrence. She seems like a normal person. I also really like Mariska Hargitay from Law & Order SVU.
5. Actor you’d be happy to be stuck on an island with?
I'd choose Tom Hanks because he's got prior experience with being stuck on an island. Maybe he'd have pointers on how to get home quicker. (Cast Away, 2000)
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
I cut my hair today. 11 inches of it. I thought I would cry. Turns out, I just got the giggles.
As you can see by the expression on my face, I LOVE MY NEW HAIR SO MUCH! Shout out to my amazing hair lady, Miranda at Aallura. Madam, you always do a phenomenal job on my hair.
I've been hinting around at a hair cut for a while. I actually scheduled the appointment a month ago and nearly kept the secret from everyone... For a long time I've said, "When I cut it, I'm going big. At least ten inches". I knew it was DEFINITELY time to cut my hair for several reasons:
- My hair grossed me out. I know that sounds crazy but I'm kind of hair phobic.
- When my husband (or anyone) hugged me, it pulled my hair
- 75% of the time my hair was in a ponytail.
- It took for.ev.er to dry this horse tail -aka my hair
- The more I thought about shorter hair, the more I was READY!
Donating my hair to Locks of Love has been on my Bucket List for some time now and knowing it goes to a child who needs it.... that makes it even more special.